50 total points
Please note that due to the personal nature of this assignment, you are not required to put it on your web site!
Your mission is to do a PowerPoint presentation to introduce yourself. The purpose of this assignment is to:
1. Ensure that you know how to create a narrated slide show using PowerPoint using the "slide show" feature of PowerPoint
2. Learn how to use visuals as a communication tool
3. Learn how to design and deliver a streamlined digital information package about yourself
(PowerPoint MENU commands are in caps)
1. Create your slides.
2. Insert your photographs (INSERT/PICTURE).
3. Insert your transitions (TRANSITIONS). You can use the same tranistion throught the presentation or change them according to your design.
4. Prepare your script of what you are going to say.
5. Record your slide show (SLIDE SHOW/RECORD SLIDE SHOW / START RECORDING FROM BEGINNING)
6. Insert your background music and adjust the level. (INSERT / AUDIO / AUDIO ON MY PC / PLAY IN BACKGROUND
7. Adjust the VOLUME, Check START AUTOMATICALLY / Check PLAY ACROSS SLIDES. To adjust any of these settings, click on the speaker icon on the first slide and click on PLAYBACK in the menu.
8. To hide the icons from the lower left corner, choose SLIDE SHOW / SET UP SLIDE SHOW / BROWSE AT KIOSK.
Your major and career goal
Why you chose your career
Where you were born and raised
Google or YouTube for "royalty free background music"
NOTE: This project is about you. If you are bored doing it, them imagine that we will be more bored watching it. Be excited about yourself!
Return to Educational Technology for Teaching and Learning
©Raymond S. Pastore, Ph.D.
Professor of Education
1148 McCormick Center
Bloomsburg, PA 17815-1301