Digital Video Assignment
For Dr. Pastore's
70 points as listed on the checklist
Updated September 25, 2017
Please note that you will turn in the completed checklist on the day that the movie is due!
The purpose of this assignment if for you to learn how to make effective use of digital video in the classroom to improve your teaching and student learning. Following are the activities you will do related to this mission:
- You will create and edit a digital movie. The purpose of this is to produce a project that is aligned with your interests that is not only fun but one in which you will be proud to produce.
- You will extract and convert music and videos from the web.
- You will create a web page to summarize this project.
- Software options and procedures for doing this will be addressed in class.
Create and edit a digital movie. The topic and music MUST be approved by Dr. Pastore.
The movie must have the following characteristics:
- The movie must be a minimum of 2 minutes but can be any length.
- The movie must consist of a minimum of 15 photographs. You may use video in place of the photographs or some of the photographs. See me if you decide to do this.
- There must be at least one transition inserted in the movie.
- The movie must have a title with your name at the beginning or end, a signal of the ending (The End), and credits. Be sure to credit sources for all media used in the movie including names and sources of songs, artists, and sources of images. You do not have to list web site addresses.
- The movie must have at least 1 music track.
- Upload the video to YouTube
- The requirements are negotiable. See me if you want to change them.
The Web Page
Create a subpage on Wix under the COURSE ASSIGNMENTS page. Put a title on the subpage labeled "My Digital Video Project". Following are the requirments for this subpage:
- Put your name and MAJOR at the top of the page under the title.
- Provide a MINIMUM of a 3-sentence description of the content of the movie and why you chose the topic.
- Indicate what application you used to edit the movie.
- Send the video to YouTube or upload directly to Wix and make a link from this page.
Web Site Resources
11 Reasons Every Educator Needs a Video Strategy
Video in the Classroom - Livebinder
Clip Converter Extract and Convert Videos Online
Listen to YouTube Extract Audio
Final Note: You will be given a date when this COMPLETE project is due. When you walk in the room on the due date, your project must be 100% complete and you will turn in the following checklist have fun but also be sure to complete the project. If you encounter any problems along the way, please remember to communicate them with me!
Return to Educational Technology for Teaching and Learning Assignments Page
©Raymond S. Pastore,
Professor of Education